5 Benefits ofTraditional Chinese Medicine in Austin
Chinese herbs have been used for approximately 3,000 years to treat various health concerns. Herbal medicine in Austin has been used to effectively enhance fertility by supporting the natural functions of the ovulation and fertility process.
Clinical observers have reported impressive results when missing herbs with gonadotropins during intrauterine insemination (IUI) and in vitro fertilization (IVF) cycles.
- Stress Reduction - Psychological stress can have a negative effect on couples facing fertility problems. Stress causes the sympathetic nervous system to be over stimulated. Thus, the blood flow is diverted away from the ovaries and uterus to the adrenals (stress coping gland) instead. This can cause irregular cycles, lack of ovulation, and infertility. Acupuncture can redirect the blood flow back to the ovaries and uterus, enhancing fertility and regulating your cycle.
- Strengthens the Immune System - Many women with immunological factors hostile to pregnancy have been effectively treated with TCM prescription of diet, herbs, and acupuncture. Traditional Chinese Medicine treats the root problem of the health concerns in a holistic manner. When the root cause is properly determined and treated, the immunological markers correct themselves.
- Fertility Hormone Regulation Results in Better Egg Quality - Acupuncture has been known to control pain through stimulating the release of beta-endorphin. In addition, beta-endorphin works to influence the source of women’s ovulatory and fertility hormones (the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis) and control hormones that regulate a woman’s ovulation and fertility that includes gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH), follicle stimulating hormone (F.S.H.), luteinizing hormone (L.H.) and human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). Acupuncture normalizes the dysfunction of the Hypothalamus- Pituitary – Ovarian Axis. This improves ovarian function creating more follicles, and better egg production.
- Lessened Side Effects from Clomid - Clomid often causes the uterine lining to thin, which is detrimental to becoming pregnant. Acupuncture causes the uterine lining to thicken and become more uniform. This is a result of increased blood flow to the uterine arteries.
- Increased I.V.F. Success - Acupuncture increases blood flow to the uterine arteries, creating a thicker and more regular lining, allowing for IVF to be more successful. Acupuncture also improves ovarian blood flow to increase ovarian response.
It is the best to consult with healthcare providers who are Board certified to prescribe herbal medicines and who are specialized in treating infertility and have proven results.
When deciding to try acupuncture you should be ready to commit to a health plan. You cannot just receive one treatment and bam! That’s it. It will take a series of sessions to have an effect. Think at least three months, at first the sessions being closer together then moving farther apart once you are balanced.