Meet Our Team At Achieve Integrative Health
At Achieve Integrative Health we work as a TEAM to help support and empower our patients to gain health independence for the rest of their lives through Functional Wellness. Functional Wellness is the fusion of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Functional Medicine and Western allopathic medicine.
Loubriel Sosa - L. Ac., DAOM (candidate), Acupuncturist
Loubriel Sosa, a doctoral candidate fluent in Spanish graduated from the Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin. He is a Chinese Medicine provider specializing in the management and care of pain. He dedicates his time to healthcare and researching scientific clinical evidence supporting the effects of Acupuncture.
Trained in Pulse Diagnosis and Channel Theory Application, Loubriel has worked side by side with the world renown Pulse Diagnosis teacher and author Dr. William Morris (Phd, DAOM, LAc). Loubriel has provided care for a variety of conditions such as; Diabetes, Cancer, Weight loss, Neuropathy, Autoimmune conditions, Stress Management, Fertility and Men's Health.
Under Melissa Light, a Fertility specialist using Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine. Loubriel assisted in empowering women and children through education, counseling, nutrition, movement and Chinese Medicine.
Loubriel is trained in Medical Breathing techniques (Medical Qigong), his teacher; Master Junfeng Li who achieved international fame as a popular film actor, action director, and the coach of the Beijing Wushu team. These breathing techniques focus on soft to moderately intense limb movements and postures, with rhythmic breathing. These breathing exercises demonstrated in randomized controlled pilot studies, to effect; blood glucose, triglycerides, total cholesterol, weight, BMI and insulin resistance. Which are all Diabetic factors. These exercises significantly reduced systolic blood pressure and diastolic blood pressure.
Loubriel has had the pleasure of being one of the few Acupuncturist to have worked at sea, offering healthcare services to the global population. His journey has taken him to places such as Santorini Greece, Rome, Venice, Spain, Barcelona, Turkey, Croatia, Italy, Great Britain, and much more. During his journey he was privileged to have cared for some of the world’s economic and social leaders. Onboard the Ultra Luxury Cruise Line “Silver Sea”, Loubriel Sosa Is the “First” Acupuncturist on the Flag ship the “Silver Muse”!.
Loubriel believes that wealth is health, and his lifetime goal is to share his living passion for great healthcare, where by the lives of those who receive his care feel rejuvenated, refreshed, and revitalized.
Louisa Tomaio - L. Ac., Acupuncturist
Louisa holds a Masters Degree in Chinese Medicine from THSU (formerly: Texas College of Traditional Chinese Medicine). She is also a Diplomate of Oriental Medicine and certified by the NCCAOM. (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine).
Louisa has been working in health care for over 10 years and is particularly interested in nutrition as a starting point to HEALTH. Before getting into health care, Louisa was a professional chef for 15+ years. This is where she realized the devastating effects diet can have on a person's health, including her own health challenges, when eating without awareness. This naturally lead her on a path to the healing arts. Louisa has also worked with world class athletes, focusing her attention on injury, recovery, and pain management. We are lucky to now have her here in Austin, TX., which she proudly calls home.
In her off time Louisa can be found enjoying a walk in nature, and occasionally rescuing various wildlife, or filling her freezer with homemade cat food for her two kitties Maestro and Cali.
Jimmy Yen - L. Ac., Chief Herbalist
Jimmy was born in Taipei, Taiwan. He graduated from the University of Texas at Austin (Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry) and the Texas College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (Masters in Oriental Medicine).
He is an expert in Acupuncture & Chinese Herbology, and licensed by the Texas Medical Board. He is also board certified in Acupuncture & Chinese Herbology by the NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine).
Following his graduation, Jimmy was employed by the Texas Institute of Health, an integrative clinic in Waco, TX. As the director of Acupuncture, he was responsible for building the Acupuncture department. Jimmy worked closely alongside a Occupational Health physician who also specialized in pain management. With this experience, Jimmy has gained extensive knowledge on how to combine Acupuncture with conventional medicine to provide better and effective healthcare for the public. Jimmy continues to further his knowledge in Acupuncture & Herbology, by making multiple trips to China, where he has had the opportunity to observe some of the best Acupuncture & Herbology doctors in Internal Medicine, Dermatology, Gynecology & Traumatology.
Recognition & Honors:
- Member of the Medical Advisory Committee for the Neuropathy Alliance of Texas
- Texas Chapter of the Neuropathy Association
- Attending Acupuncturist for a Medical Doctor Resident in the Methodist Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program (an affiliate of Baylor College of Medicine)
- Jimmy mentored a physician student showing her the advanced acupuncture methods he uses to produce great results.
- Mentor to Physician Assistant Students (from Baylor College of Medicine)
- Educate physician assistant students on the use and effectiveness of Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine
- November 2004, the Trigeminal Neuralgia Support Group in Waco, TX invited him to share his expertise in treating trigeminal neuralgia
- April 2005, he was invited by Texas A&M University - MSC LT Jordan Institute for International Awareness to share his knowledge about Acupuncture
- May 2005, Fox 7 News interviewed him about his special techniques for Acupuncture face-lifts and Chinese Herbal Facials
- April 2011, Guest Speaker at Austin/Central Texas Sjogren's Syndrome Support Group, topic "Natural Methods to maximize health for autoimmune disease sufferers"
- Board Member of TAAOM (Texas Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine)
- Member of the Cedar Park Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Cedar Park Breakfast Network Club
- Volunteer for the Cedar Park Leander Tennis League, Vice-President
- Volunteer for Cedar Park on the Move
|Monday||9:00am - 12:00pm|
3:00pm - 6:00pm
|Tuesday||9:00am - 12:00pm|
3:00pm - 6:00pm
|Wednesday||9:00am - 12:00pm|
3:00pm - 6:00pm
|Thursday||9:00am - 12:00pm|
3:00pm - 6:00pm
As Featured In:
Renee Geist - Fitness Trainer