Meet Our Team At Achieve Integrative Health
At Achieve Integrative Health we work as a TEAM to help support and empower our patients to gain health independence for the rest of their lives through Functional Wellness. Functional Wellness is the fusion of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Functional Medicine and Western allopathic medicine.
Louisa Tomaio - L. Ac., Chief Acupuncturist
Louisa holds a Masters Degree in Chinese Medicine from THSU (formerly: Texas College of Traditional Chinese Medicine). She is also a Diplomate of Oriental Medicine and certified by the NCCAOM. (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine).
Louisa has been working in health care for over 10 years and is particularly interested in nutrition as a starting point to HEALTH. Before getting into health care, Louisa was a professional chef for 15+ years. This is where she realized the devastating effects diet can have on a person's health, including her own health challenges, when eating without awareness. This naturally lead her on a path to the healing arts. Louisa has also worked with world class athletes, focusing her attention on injury, recovery, and pain management. We are lucky to now have her here in Austin, TX., which she proudly calls home.
In her off time Louisa can be found enjoying a walk in nature, and occasionally rescuing various wildlife, or filling her freezer with homemade cat food for her two kitties Maestro and Cali.
Jimmy Yen - L. Ac., Chief Herbalist
Jimmy was born in Taipei, Taiwan. He graduated from the University of Texas at Austin (Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry) and the Texas College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (Masters in Oriental Medicine).
He is an expert in Acupuncture & Chinese Herbology, and licensed by the Texas Medical Board. He is also board certified in Acupuncture & Chinese Herbology by the NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine).
Following his graduation, Jimmy was employed by the Texas Institute of Health, an integrative clinic in Waco, TX. As the director of Acupuncture, he was responsible for building the Acupuncture department. Jimmy worked closely alongside a Occupational Health physician who also specialized in pain management. With this experience, Jimmy has gained extensive knowledge on how to combine Acupuncture with conventional medicine to provide better and effective healthcare for the public. Jimmy continues to further his knowledge in Acupuncture & Herbology, by making multiple trips to China, where he has had the opportunity to observe some of the best Acupuncture & Herbology doctors in Internal Medicine, Dermatology, Gynecology & Traumatology.
Recognition & Honors:
- Member of the Medical Advisory Committee for the Neuropathy Alliance of Texas
- Texas Chapter of the Neuropathy Association
- Attending Acupuncturist for a Medical Doctor Resident in the Methodist Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program (an affiliate of Baylor College of Medicine)
- Jimmy mentored a physician student showing her the advanced acupuncture methods he uses to produce great results.
- Mentor to Physician Assistant Students (from Baylor College of Medicine)
- Educate physician assistant students on the use and effectiveness of Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine
- November 2004, the Trigeminal Neuralgia Support Group in Waco, TX invited him to share his expertise in treating trigeminal neuralgia
- April 2005, he was invited by Texas A&M University - MSC LT Jordan Institute for International Awareness to share his knowledge about Acupuncture
- May 2005, Fox 7 News interviewed him about his special techniques for Acupuncture face-lifts and Chinese Herbal Facials
- April 2011, Guest Speaker at Austin/Central Texas Sjogren's Syndrome Support Group, topic "Natural Methods to maximize health for autoimmune disease sufferers"
- Board Member of TAAOM (Texas Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine)
- Member of the Cedar Park Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Cedar Park Breakfast Network Club
- Volunteer for the Cedar Park Leander Tennis League, Vice-President
- Volunteer for Cedar Park on the Move
|Monday||9:00am - 12:00pm|
3:00pm - 6:00pm
|Tuesday||9:00am - 12:00pm|
3:00pm - 6:00pm
|Wednesday||9:00am - 12:00pm|
3:00pm - 6:00pm
|Thursday||9:00am - 12:00pm|
3:00pm - 6:00pm
As Featured In:
Amber Peterson - Holistic Health Coach, Wellness Concierge
Before coming to Achieve Integrative Health, Amber worked with one of the top international natural wellness companies for five years and in that time developed her own emotional healing and reflexology program where she empowered over 1,000 women to greater health. Amber has mentored with world renown coaches and has used those skills to personally coach hundreds of people to greater health. She is the co-author of "Total Health Makeover" and contributing author in, "Soul Intuition" and the "Oil Life" Usage Guide.
Renee Geist - Fitness Trainer