meet the team
At Achieve Integrative Health we work as a TEAM to help support and empower our patients to gain health independence for the rest of their lives through Functional Wellness. Functional Wellness is the fusion of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Functional Medicine, and Western allopathic medicine.
Licensed Acupuncturist, Herbalist, Nutritionist
Jimmy Yen L. Ac.
Jimmy was born in Taipei, Taiwan. He graduated from the University of Texas at Austin (Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry) and the Texas College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (Masters in Oriental Medicine). He is an expert in Acupuncture & Chinese Herbology at Achieve Integrative Health - Austin and licensed by the Texas Medical Board.
He is also board certified in Acupuncture & Chinese Herbology by the NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine).
Following his graduation, Jimmy was employed by the Texas Institute of Health, an integrative clinic in Waco, TX. As the director of Acupuncture, he was responsible for building the Acupuncture department. Jimmy worked closely alongside an Occupational Health physician who also specialized in pain management.
With this experience, Jimmy has gained extensive knowledge on how to combine Acupuncture with conventional medicine to provide better and effective healthcare for the public. Jimmy continues to further his knowledge in Acupuncture & Herbology, by making multiple trips to China, where he has had the opportunity to observe some of the best Acupuncture & Herbology doctors in Internal Medicine, Dermatology, Gynecology & Traumatology.
Recognition & Honors
- Member of the Medical Advisory Committee for the Neuropathy Alliance of Texas
- Texas Chapter of the Neuropathy Association
- Attending Acupuncturist for a Medical Doctor Resident in the Methodist Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program (an affiliate of Baylor College of Medicine)
- Jimmy mentored a physician student showing her the advanced acupuncture methods he uses to produce great results.
- Mentor to Physician Assistant Students (from Baylor College of Medicine)
- Educate physician assistant students on the use and effectiveness of Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine
- November 2004, the Trigeminal Neuralgia Support Group in Waco, TX invited him to share his expertise in treating trigeminal neuralgia
- April 2005, he was invited by Texas A&M University - MSC LT Jordan Institute for International Awareness to share his knowledge about Acupuncture
- May 2005, Fox 7 News interviewed him about his special techniques for Acupuncture face-lifts and Chinese Herbal Facials
- April 2011, Guest Speaker at Austin/Central Texas Sjogren's Syndrome Support Group, the topic "Natural Methods to maximize health for autoimmune disease sufferers"
- Board Member of TAAOM (Texas Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine)
- Member of the Cedar Park Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Cedar Park Breakfast Network Club
- Volunteer for the Cedar Park Leander Tennis League, Vice-President
- Volunteer for Cedar Park on the Move
Licensed Acupuncturist and Herbalist
Kevin Hwa L. Ac.
Kevin was born in Taipei, Taiwan. He graduated from the Nursing Department of National Cheng Kung University in Taiwan, 2007. After a few years of working in the field of conventional medicine, he saw the limitation of traditional medicine and felt a strong need for combining conventional medicine and oriental medicine to help patients achieve their optimal health.
He decided to take further education in learning alternative medicine and he graduated from Texas Health and Science University with a master's degree in acupuncture and orientation medicine.
He is now an acupuncturist licensed by Texas Medical Board of Acupuncture Examiners, NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine) certified Diplomate of Oriental Medicine.
He treats a wide range of conditions using acupuncture, herbs, whole-food-based nutrition, RRT(Rapid Relief Therapy). Kevin tailors treatment plans for each individual, choosing the right tools for each unique patient.
With what he learned from his experience, he believes conventional medicine is not the only answer to health issues nowadays. He is passionate about helping people regain their health using natural tools and materials.
- Bachelor in nursing, NCKU(National Cheng Kung University) in Taiwan. 09, 2007 - 06, 2011
- Master in acupuncture and oriental medicine, THSU(Texas Health and Science University), 07, 2017-08, 2019
- RN in Surgical ward of Hualien Armed Forces General Hospital 12, 2012 - 07, 2013
- RN in ER of CHGH(Cheng Hsin General Hospital) in Taiwan, 08, 2013 - 08, 2014.
- RN in MICU of CHGH in Taiwan. 08, 2014 - 09, 2015
Front Desk Office Manager
Born in Brownsville, TX, Vanessa moved to Round Rock at the age of five. She graduated from Round Rock High School and is now attending Austin Community College as a Pre-Med major. Her plan is to transfer to Texas Health and Science University and pursue a future as an Acupuncturist.
Vanessa's passion lies in the medical field. Vanessa joined the Achieve Integrative Health - Austin team in hopes to gain a different perspective on medicine and to get a head start. She is excited to be able to help people regain and maintain their health independence for life.
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
As Featured In: